Hi, I’m John Hinman and I’m the lead trial attorney at Hinman and Peck. When I started this firm in 2013, it was with the vision of providing excellent legal representation to real people who had been injured and making sure they had the power to fight the insurance companies and corporations for justice in their cases. At Hinman and Peck, I provide the leadership and strategic vision to ensure that we have the proper systems in place to adequately investigate and pursue your case to maximize the chances for success. We do this by preparing for every case from the first interaction with the client as if the case will go to trial. Some may think that this is over-preparation because a majority of cases are settled, but I believe that it is critical to success both in trial and in settlement. I am also the lead trial attorney, so I work to develop the key strategies for how we are going to win each case and then go into court and execute them with our clients. Critical to our success at trial is my development of a strong relationship with each client, and I love that my job allows me to meet such amazing individuals from all walks of life who have survived and thrived in the face of great challenges. To anyone considering our firm, I can’t wait for the opportunity to meet you, to hear your story, and to have the opportunity to present it to a judge and jury so that you can have justice against those who have wronged you.
- 2006 – Santa Clara University – Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- 2009 – Loyola University Chicago School of Law – Juris Doctorate
- 2009 – California State Bar
- 2012 – United States District Court – Central District of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Long Beach Bar Association
- 2015 – Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2015 – Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles – Rising Star Award Finalist
- 2016 – Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2017 – Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 11-1-15 The Advocate, the journal of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, publishes an article by John Hinman regarding the use of videotape depositions during litigation and at trial. A copy of the article can be found here
- 7-10-15 John Hinman is proud to announce a $1,795,761 verdict in favor of his client in a medical malpractice trial in Orange County Superior Court. The jury awarded $384,734 in damages for medical expenses and loss of earnings and $1,378,680 for pain and suffering. The case report can be found here.
- 4-24-15 John Hinman is proud to announce a $299,000 wrongful termination verdict in favor of his client in a whistleblower trial. The jury awarded $99,000 in pain and suffering damages and $200,000 in punitive damages. The case report can be found here.
- 01-2015 John Hinman is selected to the 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star list.
- 11-1-14 The Advocate, the journal of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, publishes and article by John Hinman and Jeff Greenman regarding the procedures to sue Kaiser, the VA, and government owned hospitals for medical malpractice. A copy of the article can be found here.
- 10-14-14 John Hinman is proud to announce his first verdict on behalf of a plaintiff, $727,000 in favor of a 3-1/2 day old baby with a stomach perforation caused by a feeding tube used at the hospital. Faced with no settlement offer, Mr. Hinman and his co-counsel tried the case against the president-elect of the L.A. Chapter of ABOTA. The case report can be found here.